Using Fenugreek to Increase Your Breast Milk Supply
It also seems to work best in increasing breast milk when it is taken with blessed thistle.
Breastpumping while taking this herb also helps increase your breast milk faster. So don't forget to pump between feedings....or while feeding!
There are a few side effects to consider before taking this galactagogue:
• Your sweat and urine may start to smell like maple syrup. Your baby may start to smell like maple syrup too, but is this so bad of a side effect!? I guess it would be if you don't like the smell of maple syrup.
• You and/or your baby could possibly start having diarrhea or loose stools
• Upset stomach/nausea
• May cause an allergic reaction if you are already allergic to peanuts
• May make asthma symptoms more irritating
If you experience any of these side effects while taking this herb, stop, and look at other options to increasing your breast milk.
Although this herb has some side effects, which may or may not happen to you, it does have some benefits along with increasing breast milk:
• treats high blood pressure
• treats diabetes
• treats arthritis
• treats bronchitis
• make menstruation pains less severe
Compare the benefits and side effects of this milk inducing herb and decide if it is right for you and try it! You can always stop if it's not working for you!
To get your milk flowing, take 3 capsules 3 times a day.